Well well. This was not a surprise. A flawed combo of new age philosophy, unchained greed and tech startup culture. Undoubtably, these are high octane ingredients. Mix with easily influenced venture capital and what do you get? A USD$6 billion+ flaming wreck of a company and a heap of hurt, that’s what.
Enter WeCrashed. A 2022 Apple TV miniseries that perfectly captured the drama and heartbreak of the WeWork phenomenon. Like the most most excellent Super Pumped (The Battle For Uber) story, at Envisage Design we absolutely love a good origin tale. If it’s a tech statup story, all the better. There are lessons here people.
Let’s put the learnings of the WeWork debacle aside and instead focus on what makes this TV show so timely and so brilliant. Read why We Like WeCrashed so very much below.
Why is WeCrashed so good?
- The WeCrashed hero characters are portrayed as honest and emotionally flawed human beings.
- Thanks to indepth backstories, we really get to know what makes Adam and Rebekah Neumann tick.
- Personal insecurities, modern societal weakness and financial loopholes are highlighted.
- Blind entrepreneurial vision can sometimes be just that. Blind.
- Modern day slavery exists. WeCrashed examines the plight of startup employee trauma.
- Drugs in the startup workplace. A frank study thereof. Say no more.
- Oh, the soundtrack absolutely kicks! Listen below and enjoy.
Our sincere wish is that you learn the warnings about tech startup culture from watching WeCrashed (and Super Pumped Showtime Original). Our hope is that as talented creatives we offer services in an ethically sustainable and economically real manner. Don’t fall for the hype. Be real. Be responsible.
Now, let’s get to work…